Rockridge’s advisory arm specialises in the provision of corporate, financial and strategic advice to its clients. Rockridge focuses on the technology, digital media and telco sectors and has developed significant domain knowledge and an extensive database of contacts in these markets, both in Australia and overseas.
Over 20 years’ experience in advising on acquisitions, divestments and capital raisings has enabled Rockridge to develop its proprietary methodology.
Rockridge adopts a client-centric approach, always placing its client’s interest paramount. We take pride in the fact that most of our advisory mandates are sourced from clients or legal or accounting advisors that have worked with us before.
Our core offering comprises:
- Mergers and acquisition advice;
- Divestment advice;
- Capital raisings;
- Structuring and arranging debt and hybrid capital;
- Strategic advice, in particular in the context of a future transaction.
In recent years, Rockridge principals have advised on numerous transactions in the TMT sectors, including:
- Sale of a $25m IT services company to a global buyer;
- Capital raising for Australian digital marketing company;
- Sale of a $15m IT services company to a global buyer;
- Acquisition of a leading Australian software vendor;
- Sale of an Australian software and services business to a US based buyer;
- Acquisition of a niche telecoms business by an Australian telecoms company;
- A capital raising for a mobile payments business;
- A capital raising for an internet portal in the real property sector; and
- The sale of a digital solutions and mobile app provider.
Rockridge prides itself on providing high quality, impartial advice to its clients. Rockridge typically is deeply involved in all aspects of a transaction, taking responsibility for much of the “heavy lifting” for its clients. This is important to minimise the potential disruptive effect of a transaction on the day to day management of the business.
In the context of a sale process, the Rockridge role will include:
- Evaluation of financial and strategic alternatives.
- Advice on which sales processes and methods will maximise value.
- Preparation of an information memorandum and other sales materials.
- Research, identification and contact with qualified acquirers.
- Sale negotiation.
- Management of the due diligence process.
- Liaising with other external legal, tax and accounting advisors.